Thursday, April 12, 2007

What I Learned Tonight

Don't mess with old people's way of playing dominoes.

1. Don't switch the direction of the playing order. If you do, a certain lady will yell at you everytime it is her time. "Don't you know you are going the wrong way?" (Ima)
"Ima, it doesn't matter, we are going this way now." (Dorothy)

2. Don't help teammates if they can't reach the place to put the dominoe. Because, Ima will say, "What are you doing Mega, playing for everyone else?" After that we decided to only play the ones we could reach.

3. Whoever starts the game, wins the game. Ima kept winning and the other ladies could not figure out why she always won. Well, she was always the first to play. I caught on, so I tried to play first so I could win. They still didn't let me win. One of them cheated!

For a class assignment we are spending time at one of the many nursing homes in Spring Arbor. They are funny to watch and even funnier to play dominoes with!

No comments: