Thursday, January 19, 2006


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Pepaw's funeral was pretty good. I mentioned before I wondered why I wasn't really crying as much. After reading Tricia's blog I realized why. It was because he was joining his "sweet mommy". When Memaw died it was so sad to see Pepaw's reaction. Knowing that he is with her made it much easier this go around.



A little girl that came to see Pepaw before he died to him, "You better save up some of your energy because Memaw is going to want to show you all around."



Someone asked me what my favorite memories of my great grandparents were. Memaw singing 5 foot 2 is definetly the best. Memaw was also known for making afghans. When the family was deciding who got what from their house, all I wanted was one of her afghans, which I did get. For Pepaw it was waking up at his house one morning hearing him whistling. He was the best there was. This is surprising for me to say because I HATE when people whistle. But his was different, an actual song actually came out!


No comments: