Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Baby


Image hosting by Photobucket



On March 30th I was actually home to see my baby calf born. I was on my way to observe at school and I stopped by to see how my heifer was doing. I was surprised to see the water sack hanging out. I called my dad to come home and help. In the middle of my math lesson, I got the call to come home. By the time I got there, hooves were coming out. Dad, Brent, and Papa helped pull the calf. Instead of putting my hands you know where, I sat by the momma's head and talked to her. I felt to bad for her. Her eyes were rolled back in her head and she stuck it under the feed bunk, so we couldn't see her. I was kind of worried when I saw the calf's tongue because it was blue, but as soon as the head was out she made the cuttest moo of all time. I was hoping the whole time for a heifer (girl) because I am too old to show steers (boys). Thankfully it was a girl. I was so excited. We have never had a heifer born at our farm, only bulls. I named her Cobalt. She is super cute. She already has a halter on, even though she doesn't like it.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

That is such a cute picture! Your baby is so cute - glad we got to see it later that day. Let me know next time your home so we can hang out!! I miss you!!